As I pondered healthy eating plans for weight loss, it occurred to me that a one paragraph diet is really what we need. All of the “I can’t have that” and “that’s not on my diet” thoughts only prove to become the the “forbidden fruit” that makes you want it more. A one paragraph diet, or better termed, a one paragraph eating plan makes much more sense and has worked well for many of my coaching clients.
What would a one paragraph eating plan look like? Use these basics to construct what works for you and meets your goals:
- Graze, don’t gorge.
- If it’s white, don’t eat it except for cauliflower. That includes sugar, rice, white potatoes, pasta and bread.
- Eat ten to twelve servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This includes two to four servings of fruit and six to eight servings of vegetables. If you are Insulin Resistant or have Type 2 Diabetes, decrease the fruit and increase the vegetables. The complex carbohydrates from the vegetables provides nutrients and fiber and will give you that full feeling.
- Choose high quality protein to total around 35 percent of your daily calories. If possible, find meat with no antibiotics or hormones.
- Keep refined carbohydrates very low.
- Enjoy good fats. This includes Omega 3 fats from small fish, avocados, and nuts.
- Include saturated fats, again choosing organic, free range, and wild caught. Saturated fat is necessary for the health of your membranes. The Japanese don’t eat a lot of saturated fats and they have a higher percentage of hemorrhagic strokes.
- The only “never eat” is in the category of transfats. This includes commercially fried foods and baked goods like most chips, donuts, cookies, cakes and anything that comes in a package with a longer expiration date than a few days.
Remember, the key is developing your vision first. When you know where you are going and where you want to be, the the actions necessary to get there are much easier. Don’t go overboard on the “nevers” except for transfats. START SOMEWHERE today to develop your own one paragraph diet that will keep you on the road to LIVING YOUNGER. You can do it. I will help you. Thanks for stopping by.