The use of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) has increased over the past few decades and Obesity rates have risen dramatically during this time. The biggest roadblock to losing weight is letting yourself get desperately hungry. That’s when it’s easy to “eat the wallpaper” – no matter what it does to your body in the long run. Eliminating HFCS from you life is one of the fastest strategies to lose weight, feel better, and LIVE YOUNGER.
HFCS is an important force to reckon with if you care about your health. Why? Consider the following:
- Processed fructose is absorbed into the body faster than regular sugar.
- Glucose requires insulin to be transported into the cells but processed fructose goes directly into the cells without a carrier.
- Traditionally, humans have consumed less than 15 grams of fructose a day naturally from fruits and vegetables. However, that number has more than doubled.
- This increase in sugar consumption may be contributing to the dangerous increase in the rate of diabetes.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup is present in most processed foods, especially boxed breakfast cereals and is often the first ingredient.
- HFCS provides only empty calories and contains none of the phytochemicals (plant nutrients) or fiber that you get from fruit or vegetables.
What are the vulnerable times in your day? Do you have a mid-afternoon slump and grab something sweet in an effort to pep up? Being prepared is the key. High protein snacks can slow digestion and help your blood sugar stay steady. START SOMEWHERE today to be ready when hunger and fatigue strike by having high-protein snacks that you can eat on the go:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- String cheese
- Whole grain protein bars
- Salmon pack
- Beef or turkey jerky (Nitrate free/msg free)
- Nut butter and gluten-free rice crackers
- Roasted chickpeas
- Greek yogurt
Thanks for stopping by to learn about how High Fructose Corn Syrup affects obesity. Small changes yield quality results. Avoid demanding perfection of yourself and just START SOMEWHERE today. You are worth it.