I’ve learned the hard way that “good intentions” don’t always equal thank you notes in the mail! I’ll be thinking about writing a note but if the card is not easily accessible, life takes over and I don’t get it accomplished. So, for the next four Snail Mail Mondays, we are going to make some basic thank you notes with designs that can be modified to fit your supplies. I hope you enjoy today’s Art Journaled thank you notes with Gelatos and Glitter Paste! START SOMEWHERE with whatever supplies you have!
Here’s what I used today:
- Mix Media Paper (Canson 7 x 10 inches and 98 pound)
- Gesso – (Galeria White Gesso Primer)
- Old hotel key card
- Gelatos (Faber-Castell in Yellow, Snow Cone, and Lime)
- Spray water bottle (Distress Sprayer by Tim Holtz)
- Ink pad (Distress Ink Pad in Peacock Feathers)
- Archival Ink (by Ranger in Jet Black)
- Glitter Paste (Stampin’ Up in Cherry Cobbler)
- Markers (Koi Coloring Brush Pen water-based in Black and Green)
- Stamps (“Flower Field” by Stampendous.com and “Thank You” by Recollections)
- Envelope (Kraft, A7, 5.25 x 7.25 inches, by The Paper Studio)
Here’s the drill:
- Put on your gloves:)
- Using the card, apply gesso roughly, creating texture as if icing a cake.
- When this is thoroughly dry, apply the Gelatos randomly and then spray with water.
- Spread them around with your gloved finger. Apply more color where desired.
- This dries fast. When it is dry, lightly go over the peaks of gesso with the ink pad. A darker color would have looked better.
- Stamp with the flowers and color in the missing parts with the black pen.
- Apply glitter paste and color in the leaves.
- Stamp on “Thank You” and apply black ink around the edges of the card and the envelope.
- Write a note, address, stamp, mail, and smile!
The gesso is thick and takes some time to dry. I’m going to make another batch of these and put the gesso on the night before. I just love the rich texture and how the watercolor and ink pad accentuate it.
Remember, it’s the process and not the products. Use whatever watercolor products you have and whatever pretty stamps that you enjoy. Clear glitter paste would look fantastic over the flowers!
START SOMEWHERE today with me getting more Snail Mail actually posted! Make Art Journaled thank you notes with Gelatos and Glitter Paste. Join me daily on my blog, StartSomewhereWellness.com where we are LIVING YOUNGER together. Today is the best day to just START SOMEWHERE!